Monday, June 17, 2013

Step Two

After my last "run" (to use the term loosely), I was looking forward to getting out again.  And then I tried to climb the stairs.  My knees, shins and hips were screaming in pain that next day, but I did my best to walk it off.  I took a couple of days off, reworked my running playlist and even downloaded an app to help me track my workouts.

This morning, I again awoke early and laced up my running shoes. It was a comfortable morning for running - not too bright, a tad cool and barely a breeze.  I pushed myself and managed to run 50% farther than I did for my first outing.  I probably could have kept going, but I had to get inside to feed babies, shower and get ready to start my work day.  My pace was incredibly slow, so I think my goal is going to be to maintain this distance and pick up the pace. I need to get more efficient and drop my pace down to sub-10 minutes.  Once I do that, then I'll start stretching out the distance.

I think I'll go update my app with my new goal.  Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment